Youth & Community Work Conference and Reunion
Alumni Invited To Attend And Contribute To Event
LJMU Youth & Community Work alumni are cordially invited to attend join students and the wider fieldwork community network at a conference and reunion that is to be held on Friday 18th June 2010 from 10.00am - 3.30pm at Liverpool John Moores University.
The purpose of the event is the celebration and affirmation of youth and community work practice both through the programme and in the local youth and community services. The event will offer practitioner-led workshops and papers on specific themes
The venue and itinerary for the event are to be confirmed. Content for the conference and reunion will include guest lectures, breakout discussion sessions, networking, lunch and refreshments.
You can get involved in this conference and reunion by:
1. Promoting the event through your usual network of contacts particularly to former students of the course . If you have the contact details of former students, please let us know so we can include them on the conference mailing list. We will also be inviting former staff colleagues to join us.
2. Letting us know you will attend.
3. Deciding to contribute a workshop or write a paper to share your good practice on a particular theme. The themes are:
• Youth culture –working with groups past, present and future
• Creativity in Practice (Rajesh Patel)
• Professional perspectives (Rowena Weston)
• Youth workers’ stories of practice (Paula Pope)
• Equality and empowerment (Lorraine Gray)
• Financial and social inclusion (Paul Jones)