PLACEMENTS and WORK BASED LEARNINGPRIOR TO PLACEMENT
Students will enrol on the School Communities Site: Health and Safety on Industry Placement. There they will read and study its content; the PowerPoint slides, the brochures from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and from the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) and attempt the on-line assessment. In order to proceed on to the Industry Placement students must attain a minimum score of 80% in the assessment.
Details for enrolling on to the Community Site are set out below:In order to self-enrol, students should do the following:
- Log into Blackboard, Click on the Community tab
- Type BBTBUE07 into the Search box on the left hand side of the page and click ‘Go.’
- Initially, the return screen will tell you there are no results for the search. Change the drop down menu on the left hand side from ‘Name’ to ‘ID’ and click ‘Go’ again.
- Click the chevron arrows next to the code and then select the ‘Enrol’ option.
- You will then be taken to another screen where you should click the Submit button. You will then see a link to the site on your front page under ‘My Organisations.’
ALL FORMS TO BE RETURNED VIA EMAIL TO A.CLARKE@LJMU.AC.UKTo be completed BEFORE the student commences a Placement or Work Based Learning
Placement Contact Information - To be completed by student on acceptance of a Placement or Work Based Learning
Appendix 1 - To be completed by the Placement Provider and returned to the Placement Co-ordinator
Appendix 3 - To be completed by the Student, Placement Provider/Supervisor and Academic Tutor
Appendix 4 - To be completed by the Student
To be completed DURING placement
Visiting Tutor Form - To be completed by the Academic Tutor
To be completed at END of placement
Appendix 5 - To be completed by the Student