Services Provided by Staff Development
We act in consultation with Deans of Faculties, Directors and Managers of Schools, and Services and University staff with specialist knowledge and skills to achieve the University's policy aims by:
- Initiating activities designed to meet the staff development needs which are identified from the University's self-assessment process, and its plans for building the future, as outlined in the Mission, Purpose and Core Values.
- Coordinating and administering corporate development events, including 'core', open, bespoke and ICT Skills sessions.
- Organising activities designed to address individual development needs which are identified through Personal Development and Performance Review, where this is cost-effective and appropriate for the University. We offer one-to-one coaching and mentoring sessions with our staff development advisers.
- Contributing to the monitoring, evaluation and validation of development activities organised for University staff.
- Acting as a source of information, advice and support on personal and professional development matters for the University.
- Providing advice and guidance throughout the Investors in People assessment process.
- Learning and Resources for self study loan: - please contact Staff Development for more information
For more information regarding the above please contact Meriel Box on Tel: 0151 904 6111 or Email M.Box@ljmu.ac.uk.