Adding shortcuts to the Windows desktop
You can place shortcuts to regularly accessed applications onto your desktop. This may be useful if you make frequent use of options which are several levels down in the Start Menu.
For example, to place a shortcut to the Natural Sciences and Maths option within Subject Software onto the desktop:
- Click Start > JMU Applications > Subject Software
- Right Click on Natural Sciences and Maths
- Click Create Shortcut on the shortcut menu
- A dialog box will appear stating that the shortcut can only be created on the desktop. Click on Yes to accept.
- Click Paste on the shortcut menu. This will add a shortcut icon to Natural Sciences and Maths to your desktop.