Could you be a Merseyside woman of the year?
09 November 2011
LJMU is looking for two outstanding final year students who can demonstrate success and show how as a female, they have overcome barriers to study and/or success.
For example this could be in relation to working or studying in a male dominated environment, juggling your work/life/study balance with caring responsibilities or perhaps by succeeding against the odds. Please note these are just examples – it’s up to you to tell us why you think you are a Merseyside woman of the year.
Women In Business NW – www.womeninbusiness.co.uk are the organisers and facilitators of the awards, their Mission is to celebrate Women’s achievements, to reward the best of the best, and leave a legacy for the next generation of Women.
Two successful LJMU students from Merseyside will each be awarded £1,000 to help them through their final months of study.
Please note to be eligible students must:
- Have been ordinarily resident in the Greater Merseyside area for two years before the start of your course
- Be available to attend the awards event on 29 June 2012
- Meet the residency requirements for student support (grants and loans)
- Be in their third (final year) of study of a full time undergraduate programme
- Be engaged in and registered on the WoW skills certificate Blackboard module and be aiming to successfully complete it in 2011/12.
To apply just download the form here, complete it and return to the Student Advice team, Kingsway House Annexe, Hatton Garden, Liverpool, L3 2AJ.
Closing date is Friday 25 November 2011.
A committee will consider applications and advise of the outcome within 4 weeks of the deadline.