What to do if you have received a tuition fees invoice
01 July 2013
All students are responsible for paying their tuition fees at the start of each academic year. Depending on your level and programme of study your tuition fees can be paid in a number of ways:
- Via a tuition fees loan from the Student Loans Company (Home/EU undergraduates only)
- By a sponsor or your employer
- Self funding, which means you are responsible for paying your tuition fees yourself using savings or other private funds
Tuition fee invoices are only sent to self-funding students.
Information for self-funding students
Self-funding students will receive an invoice on 14 November 2011 detailing the annual tuition fee for the 2011/2012 academic year:
- Home/EU students: You can either pay the full amount or agree to pay by the University’s approved instalment plan. Remember even if you have paid your fees by instalments before you will need to set up a new instalment plan this year.
- International students: You must pay any outstanding balance within 4 months of enrolment.
For details on how to pay your tuition fees, please go to: www.ljmu.ac.uk/feesandfunding/117514.htm
Please note: if you have debts relating to previous academic years these amounts will not be shown on this invoice. A statement will be emailed to your LJMU email account in December detailing your full university account (showing all payments due and payments received).
What will happen if you don’t pay your fees?
The consequences of not paying your tuition fees range from having your IT and borrowing rights removed to ultimately losing your place at the University. So please do not delay sorting out this payment.
Remember, if you don’t let LJMU know when you are planning to pay your tuition fees, you may be in danger of not being able to continue your studies at LJMU. We don’t want this to happen, so please get in touch.
Not a self-funding student but received an invoice?
If you have received an invoice but are planning to pay your fees:
- using a tuition fee loan from the Student Loans Company, you should contact Student Zone staff in your local Library as soon as possible to tell them that you have applied for a loan. You will be requested to provide evidence of your application.
- via your employer or other sponsor, you should also contact the Student Zone to confirm the correct payment arrangements are in place. If you have not provided a confirmation letter from your sponsor you will be required to do so.
Checking your tuition fee account
To view your tuition fee account, please log on to your Student Centre in the Student Information System where you will be able to find details of all payments required for the 2011-2012 academic year.
Help and advice
If you have any queries regarding your fees or other outstanding payments and how to pay them, please contact your Student Zone as soon as possible, either by visiting your Learning Resource Centre or using the contact details below:
Tithebarn Street (Avril Robarts Library) - email: AvrilRobartsStudentAdmin@ljmu.ac.uk, tel: 0151 231 5805/6
Mt Pleasant (Aldham Robarts Library) - email: AldhamRobartsStudentAdmin@ljmu.ac.uk, tel: 0151 231 3333/4
IM Marsh Library - email: IMMarshStudentAdmin@ljmu.ac.uk, tel: 0151 231 5432