Are you ready for National Student Money Week 2012?
08 March 2012
LJMU is taking part in National Student Money Week between 12 and 16 March 2012.
Throughout the week, the Student Advice and Wellbeing Team will be out and about in the Learning Resource Centres and other prominent locations across the University talking to students about money matters and offering them expert and confidential advice.
The key aims of the week are to:
- Improve the overall financial capability of students through the provision of appropriate support
- Encourage students to think about and plan their finances better
- Increase awareness of the support available within LJMU
The key messages of the week are:
- You don’t need to get into debt to have a great student experience
- Apply early for your funding for each year of your course
- Plan ahead for one-off events – freshers, tenancy deposits, Christmas, graduation
- Manage your finances; don’t let your finances manage you
- The new £9,000 tuition fees only apply to new students starting university in September 2012 not those already enrolled at LJMU
Student Advice and Wellbeing would encourage all staff to help publicise National Student Money Week to students. Any students who require expert and confidential funding and money advice should be referred direct to the Student Advice Team (0151 904 6056/6057).
A full list of events and activities is available by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by following events on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/LJMUSAW