Social networking policy statement
The LJMU official Facebook and Twitter accounts (www.facebook.com/liverpooljohnmooresuniversity and www.twitter.com/LJMU) are managed by Marketing and Corporate Communications on behalf of the University
- Our social networking sites are intended to facilitate two-way communications between LJMU and its students.
- We may occasionally use some automation (such as tools that generate tweets from RSS feeds) but this will not dominate our social networking sites.
- Our followers can expect approximately 1-5 posts per week. This may vary, particularly if there is a series of major announcements (for example building closures or exam deferrrals due to adverse weather conditions).
Our posts will cover some or all of the following:
- alerts about new content on our digital channels (news, videos on YouTube, communications campaigns etc.)
- news about LJMU events that may be of interest – this may include news from the LSU (Liverpool Students’ Union)
- news relevant to the Higher Education sector which we feel may be of interest to our students.
- invitations to provide feedback on specific questions
If you follow @LJMU we will not automatically follow you back. Please note, that being followed by LJMU does not imply endorsement of any kind.
Updating and monitoring
- We will normally update and monitor our social networking accounts during office hours, Monday to Friday.
- As Twitter and Facebook are external sites, we have no control over when they may be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service at any time. It is impossible for us to review posts before they are visible to the public and therefore we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any post. LJMU is not responsible for the content of posts and a post expresses the views of its author, not necessarily the views of the University.
- We will remove any posts which are false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy or which otherwise breach any law.
- LJMU reserves the right to reveal the identity of a contributor (or any other pertinent information we have about them) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from posts made to our sites.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove posts without providing a reason.
@replies and Direct Messages
- We welcome feedback and ideas from all our followers. However, we may not be able to reply individually to all the messages we receive via Twitter.
- We read all @replies and Direct Messages and ensure that any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed to relevant people in the University.
- We cannot answer questions or engage on issues that we deem to be inappropriate for this forum.
The usual ways of contacting us for official correspondence are detailed in the Contact us section of our website.