Microsoft Word (letterhead and platform)
When prompted to save or open the file, choose Save, and then save to the following location on your PC
- Windows 7 - M:\Templates or M:\My Documents\My Templates\
- Windows XP - M:\My Documents\My Templates\
- Windows NT - M:\TEMPLATES
Fax Template and Guidance
- LJMU powerpoint template - blue
- LJMU powerpoint template - green
- LJMU powerpoint template (accessible version) - cream background
Notes for creating a visually accessible PowerPoint presentation
- Improve legibility by using high contrast between text and background colours – dark colours against white and white against dark blue.
- Avoid using colours that are similar in lightness or similar in darkness next to one another
- Avoid using similar colours together – e.g. red and orange
- Avoid using pastel colours
- Consider the font size and layout for each slide – as a rough guide use no more than 25 words per slide, with up to six bullet points.
- Don’t use colour alone to convey information – e.g. if using a red button to indicate ‘stop’ add the text ‘stop’ inside the button
- Graphs and charts – use contrasting colours to differentiate between information. Keep the layout simple and ensure that all information is legible.
Policy Cover Templates