Library and Student Support: Regulations - Membership
- All members of the University are entitled to use the libraries upon being issued with a valid University card.
- The act of enrolling in the University constitutes an undertaking to accept Library and Student Support and Computing and Information Services regulations. Staff employed by the University have also agreed to abide by University, and thus Library and Student Support regulations.
- Borrowing or reading privileges may be extended to non-members of the University at the discretion of senior Library and Student Support staff, or according to agreements entered into by co-operating institutions.
- The act of registration as a reader or borrower constitutes an undertaking to accept these regulations.
- If a user ceases to be a member of the University then his/her privileges will be withdrawn and his/her University Card must be surrendered.
- Use may be denied to members who have abused the regulations, subject to review by senior Library and Student Support staff.
- Users should notify Library and Student Support of any change of address or loss of their University Cards.
- Members of the general public may use the libraries for reference purposes, though they may need to obtain a visitors pass.
Approved by the Academic Board, 14.11.94