Sport at LJMU
Liverpool John Moores University is committed to an ethos of sporting opportunities for all
LJMU was the first UK University to be awarded an Ofsted Grade A in Physical Education and it is also the premier institution for both teaching and research in Sport and Exercise Sciences.
Whether you are an elite athlete competing at the highest level, or someone who is keen to follow an academic programme centred around the physiological and psychological aspects of sports, the University has the courses and facilities to help you maximise your potential.
If you're just a student or member of staff who wants to get fit and have fun doing it, at LJMU you should be able to find an activity or sport to suit you.
Sport at LJMU offers a wide range of options and opportunities for study and participation in Liverpool and further afield
- Highly-respected undergraduate and postgraduate courses covering the full range of sport and exercise science subjects and beyond
- Ground-breaking Sports Scholarship scheme for elite athletes, with graduates including Olympic gymnast Beth Tweddle, high jumper Martyn Bernard and 800m runner Michael Rimmer
- New Strength and Conditioning Internship supporting LJMU Sport Scholars, BUCS Teams and Sport Colleges
- Access to a comprehensive range of facilities including the state-of-the-art Tom Reilly Building, home to the School of Sports and Exercise Sciences, as well as free off-peak membership for twelve Lifestyles Fitness Centres in Liverpool
- The opportunity to take part in a range of sporting activities through Liverpool Students' Union – for fitness, socialising and fun!
- The chance to make a difference to the wider community by engaging in Sports Volunteering
Liverpool and the surrounding area offer great spectator events: football at Liverpool, Everton and Tranmere Rovers, golf at Royal Birkdale, the Grand National at Aintree... plus not forgetting the annual Liverpool Varsity, where players from LJMU and the University of Liverpool compete in an intense day of sporting rivalry.