LJMU Alumni Networks and Groups
There are a number of alumni networks and groups which have been established and are run by LJMU or our alumni. If you are interested in starting a network or group, please let us know as Alumni Relations can help. You may want to start a group based on the subject you studied at university, your past or current interests or your geographic location.
LJMU Alumni in South East Asia:
LJMU Alumni in Ghana:
|President||Reuben K Kornu, BSc Hons Civil Engineering and Management 2010|
|Vice President||Emmanuel K Salifu-Asubay, BSc Hons Civil Engineering and Management 2010|
|Secretary||Elsie E S Ghansah, BSc Hons Civil Engineering and Management 2010|
|Vice Secretary||Johnson Senyo Kumah, BSc Hons Construction Engineering and Management 2010|
|Treasurer||Aaron Nana Danquah, BSc Hons Civil Engineering and Management 2010|
|Organising Secretary||Albert Kwesi Koomson, BSc Hons Construction Engineering and Management 2010|
|International Relations||Dickson Boateng, MSc Construction Project Management 2007|
The Start-Up Network is here to support your business in a number of ways:
- Access to business and trading opportunities, networking events and new contacts
- Information on funding sources and easy access to LJMU’s knowledge and expertise
- Raise the profile of you and your business through our monthly members’ e-newsletter
- Regular updates on business events in and around LJMU
- Access to LJMU’s student and graduate workforce when you need it
- Be part of our online community on Facebook and on Twitter
You can join by contacting Dominique Aspey, Enterprise Network Manager, by email or phone 0151 231 8062.
LJMU Centre for Entrepreneurship:
Whether you want to develop a new business idea, work as a freelancer, launch a product or service or grow an existing business, there are many ways the Centre for Entrepreneurship can help. Budding entrepreneurs who are current LJMU students or recent graduates can access support from the Centre for Entrepreneurship free of charge, depending on the stage of your business idea.
Within the University we work across all faculties to support enterprise in education, via:
- Providing free, confidential and professionally accredited business advice for students and alumni
- The Enterprise Fellowship Programme
- The Green Room – LJMU’s co-working space for new student and graduate ventures
- Enterprise Education - tailored packages for LJMU programmes, including the Young Enterprise Start-Up Programme, a toolkit of enterprise activities, guest speakers, role models and student self-employment events
To book a free, confidential business advice session with one of our business advisers, please call 0151 231 8085. We are open during office hours 9-5.
The Gambier Terrace Reunion Group:
The Gambier Terrace Group has been formed as a way for those alumni who studied at the College of Art based in 11-12 Gambier Terrace to keep in touch. Students were located in Gambier Terrace between 1946 and 1966 as the growing college on Hope Street expanded. Established in 2003, the Gambier Terrace Group now hold a lunch club that meets every 12 weeks or so in the Adelphi Hotel, Liverpool. Please contact the Gambier Terrace Group be emailing Carol Rigg.
Association of Past Students of I M Marsh College of Physical Education:
The APS was established in 1915 as the Association of Past Students of Liverpool Physical Training College. The College was taken over by Lancashire Education Committee in 1947 and re named I M Marsh College of Physical Education in honour of its founder Irene Mabel Marsh and in 1949 the Association was re constituted as the Association of Past Students of I M Marsh College of Physical Education.
The Association has over 367 members, holds a reunion annually on the first Saturday in October, publishes a yearly Journal and has its own website. Any past students or staff who are interested in joining or finding out more please visit us on the website.