Time & Talent
Alumni Can Help Their University
You might think that being part of the Alumni community is about reconnecting with your past ... the friendships, experiences and places that shaped so much of who you are now. But we think that more importantly it's about looking to the future - reigniting your relationship with LJMU and working in partnership for the benefit of our students and the wider community.
Time and Talent – we like to keep it in the family
LJMU alumni are an important part of the wider LJMU community. We would like to hear from you if you have suggestions about events and services that you will find useful. We are also interested in developing mutually beneficial partnerships with alumni and the organisations they work for. Please do let us know or if you would like to participate in the growth of the LJMU Alumni Association by setting up or contributing towards a professional network or delivering social reunion/event.
Like to give something back?
We would be delighted if you could help current students by giving your Time & Talent. Our World of Work Programme is an employability initiative unique to LJMU which provides students with the skills, knowledge and competencies employers are looking for. Who better to offer their advice to our students than our alumni?
You can help prepare the next generation for your industry and develop their employability skills through the following:
- Be a World of Work skills certificate interviewer
- Offer placements
- Offer on-site visits
- Provide case-studies for students
- Become a guest speaker
- Offer work shadowing for staff and students
- Help to develop and review LJMU degrees
You could also:
- Take part in social and professional alumni events
- Sponsor or speak at an alumni event
- Join or start a social, professional or geographical network group
- Share your personal alumni story/profile for our website