Help using these pages
LJMU has a large number of buildings split into three campuses. To find a building, click on either City, Mount Pleasant, or IM Marsh in the View by Campus menu. After a few seconds you'll see a list of the buildings within that campus, and a map. LJMU builduings are shown on the map by a red marker. To select a building, simply click on its name in the list. The map will update and a pop up information window will display the building details. Click Find out more to go to display full details for that page, or alternatively click Get directions to find out how to get to it.
The map can be manipulated in a number of ways.
- Map type - Map is the default view and shows a standard map (as right). Satellite switches to a satellite imagery view and is useful for picking out notable landmarks in the area. Hybrid shows the photographic view, and overlays the map of the area.
- Building details - to view a small pop up window with further details of a specific building, click on the building name in the list. The map will automatically move to the chosen building.
- Navigation Zoom tool - use the slider bar to zoom in or out on the map. Use the arrow keys to move the map in North / South / East / West directions. Alternatively, simply click and drag the mouse to dynamically move the map.
The Building Results page contains full detailed information on the chosen building, including
- Faculties / departments housed in the building
- Car parking facilities available
- Link / details on finding the building using public transport with the Traveline Journey Planner.
- Turn by turn directions for journeys on foot or by car.
The image, right, shows the route planner options. To find your way to the building chosen (in this case, the Security Lodge on Byrom Street), simply enter a valid starting point using the format Street Name, Town in the From: box.
Changing options and obtaining a route.
By default, the route supplied will be the quickest route by car, with directions supplied in English. To change between route type and method of journey (i.e. by car or on foot) simply select the respective options before clicking the Get directions button. After a few seconds your directions will be displayed.
Travelling between LJMU Buildings
If you're interested in travelling between university buildings, click the Get Directions link. You're then able to select the Start point and Destination from a list of all the university buildings, Halls of Residence and other useful locations. Select the options as before to determine route and journey type.
We use Google Maps to provide the maps and routing instructions used on these pages. As the maps and travel instructions are from a site not under the university's control, you may find that maps and instructions take a few moments to download. Similarly, public transport information is provided by Traveline, and the university cannot be held responsible for the accuracy or download speeds from these externally based sites.