Human Rights conference: Booking deadline extended
03 March 2011
There's still time to book your place at the forthcoming 'Human Rights in the Age of Austerity: Making Rights Real at Community Level' conference, taking place on Tuesday 22nd March 2011 at St Georges Hall, Liverpool.
Expert national and local speakers will come together to debate how human rights can be made real in this age of austerity.
The conference will explore ways of making human rights real on our streets, in schools, communities and towns in this present economic climate. Findings and conference feedback will be circulated locally, nationally and internationally to inform policy development and review.
- Shami Chakrabarti CBE - Director, Liberty
- Stephen Bowen - Director British Institute of Human Rights (BIHR)
- Gideon Ben-Tovim - Chair, Liverpool NHS Primary Care Trust
- Julia Hausermann MBE - Founder and President; Rights and Humanity
- Rebecca Tinsley - Chair; Waging Peace
- David Ruebain - Chief Executive; Equality Challenge Unit
- Usman Ali, the Vice President of the National Union of Students (NUS)
Delegate tickets (including lunch and refreshments) cost:
- Local authorities, local government and higher/further education staff: £60
- Higher/further education / A-level students,: £15 (Photocopy of student ID card required)
For further information and to register, please go to: www.ljmu.ac.uk/conferences/humanrightsnetwork/index.htm