Train to Teach event
04 March 2011
Train to Teach North 2011
This event will provide you with a wealth of information on pursuing a career in teaching and the training options in your region.
To help you get the most out of the event, you are strongly encouraged to attend a presentation on arrival. This will provide general guidance on the routes into teaching and the application process. These presentations run every hour and last for 45 minutes, making it easy for you to attend one when you arrive.
Throughout the day, you'll be able to:
- Speak to teaching experts and receive one-to-one advice on your training options
- Meet initial teacher training (ITT) providers in your region to find out about their courses and entry requirements
- Talk to current teachers to hear about their first-hand experiences
- Meet with professional subject associations to hear how they support the teaching of specific subjects in schools
Prior to attending the event, you can visit the Get Into Teaching website (http://www.teach.gov.uk/) to find out about your compatibility for a career in teaching and the various training options available. You can then use the event as an opportunity to get any additional questions you may have answered.
The event is completely free and you can see who will be there by viewing this PDF http://traintoteach.tda.gov.uk/upload/ttt/ttt_north_provider_list.pdf
- Friday 18 March, 9am - 5:30pm
- Saturday 19 March, 9:30am - 4pm
Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI)
Manchester M3 4FP
Last year’s event was very well attended - please see our news article for further details http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/NewsUpdate/index_102066.htm
For full details about the event, visit the Train to Teach website http://traintoteach.tda.gov.uk/subpages/whattoexpect/moreaboutevent.aspx?eventName=manchester]