Work and Play.com
26 September 2012
Following consultation with the Liverpool Students’ Union, LJMU is to purchase NUS Extra Cards for new Level 4 and PGCE students paying the new higher £9,000 tuition fee. The card usually retails at £12; eligible students will receive this card free of charge.
What is the NUS Extra Card?
NUS Extra Card is a student discount card offering exclusive competitions and discounts, including:
- 5% off Amazon
- 50% off Spotify Premium
- 11% off the cost of a 16-25 Railcard
- 10% off New Look
- 25% Off Dominos when you spend £25 or more online
To view all the discounts available: go to www.nus.org.uk/en/nus-extra/discounts/
In order to qualify for the NUS Extra Card in 2012/2013, you must be:
- Classified as a Home/EU student
- Studying at LJMU in Liverpool (full or part-time)
- Fully enrolled on Level 4 of an undergraduate programme and paying £9,000 tuition fees or pro rata
- Fully enrolled on a PGCE course and paying £9,000 tuition fees or pro rata
Which students are not eligible?
The following students will not be eligible to receive the NUS Extra Card:
- International students
- New Level 4 students enrolled on NHS-funded programmes
- Students enrolled on the foundation year of extended degree programmes (Engineering and Technology, Computing and Natural Sciences) – you will qualify for the Card when you progress onto Level 4.
- New postgraduate taught students (other than those enrolled on PGCE courses and paying £9,000 tuition fees)
- Continuing undergraduate students (Level 5, 6 and students on placement years)
- Postgraduate research students
How can I claim my free NUS Extra card?
All eligible students will receive an email to the University email account on 1 October with details on how to claim their free card.
If you meet the above eligibility criteria and have already bought your NUS Extra Card, you can claim a refund from the NUS.
Need more information?
If you have any questions relating to this offer or need to claim a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 2314900.