Experience Light Night Liverpool at the ADA
13 May 2011
5.00pm until late Friday 13 May 2011
LJMU’s Art and Design Academy (ADA) is taking part in a citywide celebration of Liverpool’s world-class arts and culture attractions. ‘Light Night’ is part of a national campaign called Museums at Night when museums and galleries around the country will stay open late staging event and activities. It attracted nearly 10,000 visitors of all ages last year, and people are once again invited to follow an exciting trail of events at city centre hot spots and enjoy a ‘Friday night out - with a difference’.
Liverpool City Council’s cabinet member for culture and tourism, Councillor Wendy Simon, said: “Light Night has something for everyone with a fantastic mix of arts, music, dance, tours and performance. It’s a celebration of the city’s phenomenal cultural offer and I’m positive on the 13 May, when the venues throw open their doors after hours, Liverpool will be buzzing!”
Ged Gibbons, Chief Executive of City Central BID, which is a co-funder of Light Night 2011, said: ‘’Liverpool has an amazing amount of culture and history to offer visitors but Light Night opens the doors to venues that many people take for granted and gives them a special twist. Friday night is always a good night out in Liverpool but on May 13 people can expect something very different. It should be great fun – for everyone.’’
The schedule of exciting events taking place at the ADA is available on the following web pages:
1. Shangpool Blossom Time http://www.lightnightliverpool.co.uk/2011/shangpool-blossom-time/
2. Transition Cyclists http://www.lightnightliverpool.co.uk/2011/transition-cyclists/
3. Draw the Line http://www.lightnightliverpool.co.uk/2011/draw-the-line/
4. Deconstructing Voices and Violet City http://www.lightnightliverpool.co.uk/2011/deconstructing-voices-violet-city/
5. Look11 Photography Exhibition http://www.lightnightliverpool.co.uk/2011/look11-launch-liverpool-international-photography-festival/
6. Candle-Lit Labyrinth http://www.lightnightliverpool.co.uk/2011/ljmu-candle-lit-labyrinth-walk/
7. The Art of 3D http://www.lightnightliverpool.co.uk/2011/the-art-of-3d/
Light Night 2011 is funded by Liverpool City Council, Merseytravel, Liverpool Arts and Regeneration Consortium (LARC), City Central Business Improvement District (BID), Arts Council England and is coordinated by Open Culture.
Read about the event in the Liverpool Echo and Daily Post: