Careers Carousels staff volunteering opportunity
02 April 2012
Could you inspire, excite, motivate, inform, encourage?
Liverpool Compact EBP works in partnership with schools and business to deliver a range of projects that introduce children to simple business practices. LJMU has been asked if staff would like to be involved with the Careers Carousel project.
The Careers Carousel helps to:
- Broaden children’s awareness of different careers
- Raise future aspirations
- Enhance their communication/listening skills
- Encourage 'positive' interaction with adults
- Build confidence
- Raise economic awareness
By getting involved in the initiative you may influence the workforce of the future, develop links with local communities and network with a range of organisations.
The role will require you to:
- Volunteer between 2 and 3 hours of your time to attend a school(s) of your choice
- Meet other business volunteers in an informal setting
- Spend 5 to 10 minutes at a time in discussion with small groups of children
- Answer questions about your job and LJMU
- Provide literature/handouts etc (if desired) that support your current role
Organisations that have been involved with the project have found it mutually beneficial.
Vivienne Woods from Merseyside Police said:
"A well run event that was valuable for both our organisation and the young people that attended."
Sessions will run from 9.30am to 12.00pm (approximately), each weekday from Tuesday 24 April to Friday 27 April 2012 and Tuesday 1 May 2012. If you would like to take part or would like further information please contact Chris Prescott, Volunteering and Returners to Education Account Manager, email: email@example.com ext: 6356