Changes to the 2012/2013 academic calendar - student update
01 February 2012
Are you coming back to continue your studies during the 2012/2013 academic year? Then you should be aware that the University has made some important changes to the academic calendar.
The changes apply to students following the standard academic calendar, where you enrol or re-register on your programme each year in September.
The new Academic Calendar will give LJMU greater flexibility over the delivery of timetabled teaching and learning activities throughout the academic year. For example, where possible, timetables will now be designed so they do not clash with scheduled LiverpoolSU activities taking place on Wednesday afternoons – a key request from students during the Union's 'Dear VC' campaign. LJMU will also be making more resources available to support student clubs and societies.
Darren McCabe, LiverpoolSU President, said:
"We are really pleased that the University is listening and acting upon the student voice. More time has been made available for teaching and we are confident these changes will have a positive impact on the student experience."
The key changes that you need to be aware of are:
- Teaching on standard undergraduate and taught postgraduate programmes will begin in Week 1 (week commencing 17 September 2012).
- The module registration deadline – the date by which you can change your option modules – has changed and is now 28 September 2012.
- Teaching will stop on Friday 14 December 2012 and you will have a three week break for Christmas.
- Teaching will start again during the week beginning 7 January 2013 (Week 17).
- Additional time has been set aside for teaching following Spring Break in April during Weeks 31 and 32.
- This means that assessments will start a little later and are now scheduled for Weeks 32-34.
- The deadline for Assessment Boards is now 5 June 2013.
- Your final moderated marks will now be published on Blackboard on 12 June 2013; you will still receive your results letter prior to this publication deadline.
What hasn't changed:
- Spring Break will still take place during Weeks 29 and 30.
- Graduation for final year students will still take place between 8 and 12 July 2013.
To see a copy of the 2012/2013 academic calendar, click here: www.ljmu.ac.uk/academiccalendar
Remember: These changes relate to the 2012/2013 academic year not the current academic year.