Guidelines for publishing News Stories
Requests for stories and events to appear on the LJMU homepages are managed by the Marketing and Corporate Communications team (via firstname.lastname@example.org)
There are a range of ways that LJMU communicates to staff, students and external audiences:
- News stories on the current student homepage or the staff homepage or the prospective student (external) homepage (or a combination of these)
- On the diary dates section (mainly events) on the staff and student homepage
- On the events section of the prospective student external page
- On LJMU’s social networking sites Facebook and Twitter
- Via the LJMU mobile app
- On the news bulletin that is emailed weekly to staff. Submissions for the Monday morning bulletin are required by 12.00 noon on the preceding Thursday (unless urgent).
If you would like us to promote a story or event, please email full details to email@example.com
It would be useful if you could clarify your preferred platform from the bulleted list above. If you would like specific images/logos included with the story, please include these as separate attachments (preferably in JPEG format) rather than embedded in the copy. We will only use images we deem appropriate and in line with our corporate guidelines.
Marketing and Corporate Communications has editorial responsibility for information published through the above channels and reserves the right to edit and rewrite copy when necessary as well as decide which of the above platforms to use.
We endeavour to action/publish your information within 2 working days from receipt of copy. However, at particularly busy times (for example Graduation, enrolment, institutional launches), it may take longer for your story to be published or, on exceptional occasions, it may not be published at all if scheduled, institutional stories/announcements require priority/extended presence. We reserve the right not to publish stories we deem unsuitable or not in keeping with our corporate guidelines.
If we consider your story suitable for external press coverage, your details will be forwarded to the University Press Officer, who will gauge the potential of the content, contact you for further details and discuss external promotion with you.
If you require further information or advice please email: firstname.lastname@example.org