The HR Team offers strategic and operational support to university management and staff in all areas of employment. It works closely with the Corporate Services Team to deliver an integrated approach to Human Resource Management across the university.
We aim to provide the highest possible quality of professional advice and services to the University and its staff and managers on:
• staff recruitment and selection
• staff discipline and grievance
• job grading
• conditions of employment, including benefits and pensions
• employment law
• equality & diversity
• managing change
• trade union relationships
• employment policy development
• development and implementation of the HR Strategy
• HR information system (Staff Infobase)
An A to Z version of the Staff Handbook has been developed to provide all members of staff and new starters with the essential information they require on Liverpool John Moores University and in particular, matters which affect their rights and their obligations as employees.