What is Planning and Information's role within LJMU?
Planning and Information delivers and supports accessible, high quality Information and Technology solutions and information services to the University and external stakeholders.
The services are integral to enhancing computing, information and business services that support the University in achieving the highest levels of excellence.
We will deliver, develop and enhance our services by:
- Providing reliable, secure and stable access to technology services;
- Providing management information to support decision making at all levels within the University
- Deploying relevant technology that delivers maximum performance ensuring the efficient use of resources
- Utilising the ICT governance framework to deliver responsive services that meet the user’s needs at the times they are needed; ensure that service developments are aligned with business requirements
- Demonstrating integrity by implementing quality internal policies, procedures, standards, performance measures, and documentation to ensure the consistent delivery of high quality services; and following best practice approaches to customer service delivery
- Ensuring accuracy of data and currency of technologies
- Promoting effective and efficient use of ICTs and information services in all aspect of the Universities business
- Monitoring ICT and service developments in the sector and beyond and providing advice to the University on opportunities for development and deployment of new technologies and methods of delivery.